Friends of MSU Library Book Club Online
The Friends of MSU Library Book Group has announced its 2021-2022 reading list and public discussion dates.
The book group was founded in 2000 as a way to engage the community in Montana State University Library activities while encouraging lifelong learning and reading. Since its founding, the book group has read over 230 titles.
Participation in the book group is free and open to the public. The group is led by MSU humanities and outreach librarian Jan Zauha, with community members taking turns serving as discussion leaders.
“Each year we branch out of our reading comfort zones by exploring diverse topics and authors,” Zauha said. “The group is excited to continue its reading adventures knowing that when we come together, we will be among fellow book lovers who enjoy robust conversation in a welcoming space. Join us and expand your perspectives one page at a time.”
Most discussions take place from 6:30 to 8 p.m. unless otherwise noted below. They are currently held on Zoom and will resume in person as circumstances allow. For more information or to receive a meeting link, contact Zauha at 406-994-6554 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the book group, visit https://guides.lib.
The 2021-2022 selections are:
- Oct. 12, “English Creek” by Ivan Doig
- Nov. 9, “The Cold Millions” by Jess Walter
- Dec. 14, “Pilgrim at Tinker Creek” by Annie Dillard
- Jan. 11, 2022, “The Essex Serpent” by Sarah Perry
- Feb. 8, 2022, “The Personal Librarian” by Marie Benedict and Victoria Christopher Murray
- March 8, 2022, “All We Can Save” by Ayana Elizabeth Johnson and Katharine Wilkinson
- April 12, 2022, “The Snow Leopard” by Peter Matthiessen
- May 10, 2022, “Hamnet” by Maggie O’Farrell
- June, date, time and selection to be determined, in collaboration with the Tribal College Librarians Institute
- July 12, 2022, “Klara and the Sun” by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Aug. 9, 2022, “Leonardo da Vinci” by Walter Isaacson
- Sept. 13, 2022, 5:30-8 p.m., book smorgasbord kickoff event. Group members will choose the reading list for the 2022-2023 year.
Tue. Oct. 12 6:30-8pm
Tue. Nov. 9 6:30-8pm
Tue. Dec. 14 6:30-8pm
Tue. Jan. 11 6:30-8pm
Tue. Feb. 8 6:30-8pm
Tue. Mar. 8 6:30-8pm
Tue. Apr. 12 6:30-8pm
Tue. May. 10 6:30-8pm
Tue. Jul. 12 6:30-8pm
Tue. Aug. 9 6:30-8pm
Tue. Sep. 13 5:30-8pm