Questions to Ask Before Purchasing CBD Oil for Dogs
CBD is a widely popular wellness product for pets. Cannabinoids in this compound offer a plethora of health benefits for your pet dog. If you are considering CBD oil for your dog, here are some questions you need answers to.
#1 Is the Pet CBD Oil Exclusive?
CBD oil for dogs is exclusively formulated for your canine friend. The product contains the appropriate level of CBD and other cannabinoids to suit the needs of your dog. It is highly recommended to avoid human CBD products for dogs and other pets. CBD products for humans contain a higher level of THC and have many benefits, but can cause adverse reactions for dogs.
#2 How Safe is CBD for Dogs?
Scientific studies have proved that CBD oil for dogs is 100% safe. Most pet dogs do not experience any side effects. However, some may go through a few episodes of nausea or diarrhea. Some dogs feel drowsy after consumption of CBD oil. In any case, the side effects of CBD oil are less intense than other modern medicines. You can use it safely to treat canine anxiety, arthritis, and seizures.
#3 What is the Recommended Dosage?
Administering the correct dosage of CBD oil is essential to achieve the desired results. However, the dosage differs based on the weight of the dog. For instance, a chihuahua and a mastiff cannot benefit from the same dose of CBD oil.
The general rule is to give 1 mg of the oil for every 10 pounds. You may want to start small, observe the results and increase the dosage as needed. Discuss dosage with your veterinarian before you take the plunge.
#4 How Does CBD Work for Your Dog?
All mammals, including dogs, have a signaling system called the endocannabinoid system. The system plays a vital role in regulating certain body functions such as appetite, sleep, and moods.
The cannabinoid in the CBD reacts with the endocannabinoid system and helps achieve homeostasis. In other words, CBD oil reacts to balance out the internal processes and supports the body's inflammatory response.
#5 What are the Important Benefits of Using CBD Oil?
• CBD works at the molecular level. It can be used to treat the following conditions.
• CBD resolves mobility issues in older dogs.
• CBD relieves the pet of joint stiffness and pain from an injury or joint pain due to old age.
• Separation from a loved one, fireworks, or changes to routine can make a dog stressed and anxious. CBD can make your pet dog feel calmer during such difficult situations.
• CBD promotes long-term health by supporting neurological functions and cardiovascular performance.
#6 How to Identify a Good Brand of CBD Products for Dogs?
To identify a reliable CBD oil for dogs, make sure the chosen brand satisfies the following conditions.
• Is the product 100% plant-based?
• Have third-party labs tested the product?
• Does the product list all its ingredients?
• Does the product offer proper dosing instructions?
• Is it vet-approved?
• Has the brand used the CO2 extraction method?
• Is the product free of residual chemicals?
Positive answers to these questions imply that you have made the right choice.